ACCELERATION PROGRAMME 1
Are you an SME operating in the European Mobility, Transport & Automotive (MTA), Aerospace & Defence, and Electronics manufacturing value chains? Are you eager to digitally advance your business in a more human-centric, sustainable and resilient way, but don’t have enough resources or knowledge to do so?
If so, look no further, because the EU-funded SURE5.0 project is allocating EUR 2.6 million in cascade funding to support your digital transformation on the principles of Industry 5.0.
For this aim, SURE5.0 will launch 2 separate acceleration programmes, each one of them structured in a two sequential phases approach, providing the companies with the following benefits:
5.0 assessments and services worth €10,000
50,000€/SME of equity-free funding to implement your 5.0 transition plan
We are glad to announce that the Acceleration Programme 1 has just been launched. If you are an eligible SME, don’t miss the opportunity to apply to the phase 1, open from December 15th, 2022, until March 1st, 2023, 17:00 CET.
What we offer?
Divided in two phases, the SURE5.0 Acceleration Programme 1 will help its participants to both understand and implement Industry 5.0 by utilising the following step-by step approach:
Assess & Recommend
Individual Industry 5.0 Roadmap
Consortium members will provide 50 SMEs with individual assessments and recommendations covering the entire spectrum of Industry 5.0 transformation.
Community of Practice of Alliance
Business Transformation & Resilience
Equity-free EUR 50k for the implementation of Industry 5.0 Transition Plan
In this phase, 27 SMEs will receive the grant.
Additional support via Catalogue of Complementary Service Providers
Tailored Industry 5.0 services
Who can apply?
Mobility, Transport & Automotive
Aerospace & Defense
Guide for applicants
Full general rules.
Open call summary and value proposition
How to apply
STEP-BY-STEP APPLICATION PROCESS
Fill in this questionnaire to know your current situation and future potential regarding industry 5.0. You will automatically receive the results of your evaluation (general recommendations).
The assessment report is a compulsory requirement to apply to the Open call.
APPLY TO PHASE 1
Access the F6S platform and fill in the corresponding application form. Your proposal should demonstrate your company’s alignment and commitment to integrate the industry 5.0 principles, as well as the impact you expect from participating in the SURE5.0 acceleration programme.
15 dec 2022 – 1 March 17:00 CET.
Number of SMEs supported
APPLY TO PHASE 2
Only phase 1 beneficiaries.
Use again the F6S platform to submit your Industry 5.0 Transition Plan. This strategy should be based on the individual roadmap and knowledge gained through the services provided in phase 1.
August 2023 – September 2023.
Number of SMEs supported
- Only SMEs which have completed their self-assessment will be able to apply to Phase 1.
- Only SMES beneficiaries at Phase 1 will be able to apply to Phase 2.
Acceleration programme timeline
Assess & Recommend
Business Transformation & Resilience
Dec 15th, 2022 - Mar 1st, 2023
Proposal submitted on F6S platform
Mar - Apr, 2023
Evaluation and selection
Apr - Sept 2023
- Individual assessments & recommendations (roadmap).
- Phase 1 Tailored Services.
- Membership in the Community of Practice Alliance.
Aug - Sept 2023
Oct - Dec 2023
Dec 2023 - Jul 2024
- Equity – free €50,000 to implement Industry 5.0 Transition Plan.
- Access to the Catalogue of Complementary Service Providers.
- Phase 2 Tailored Services.
Need more help?
Join our SURE5.0 open call Q&A sessions. These online events, addressed to SMEs interested in applying to the acceleration programme, will provide detailed information about the call and will be useful to solve questions and help you to submit a better proposal.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the maximum financing that an SME participating in the Acceleration Programme can obtain?
Beneficiaries will be awarded with direct funding of maximum €50,000 to deploy their Industry 5.0 Transition Plan. In phase 2 of the Acceleration Programme, up to 27 SMEs will receive this funding. Financial support may be used and may cover different types of expenses:
- Procurement of external advance technology, consulting and coaching services that are not available within the consortium. External service providers with expertise in one or several of the industry 5.0 principles will be available in the Catalogue of Complementary Service Providers. Nonetheless, SME will have the possibility to suggest the inclusion of other service providers in the Catalogue.
- Personnel, consumables, equipment, and other costs necessary to set up a feasibility study, a pilot testing, or the building of a prototype/demonstrator to implement Industry 5.0 transformation, with or without supervision by consortium partners.
2. Can an SME access financing without having submitted to phase 1 of the Acceleration Programme?
No. It is mandatory that all SMEs that want to access project financing complete their self-assessment and apply to Phase 1 of the Open Call. Only SMEs benefiting from Phase 1 will be able to apply to Phase 2 and therefore access financing.
3. What is the difference between service adopter and service provider in SURE5.0 Acceleration Programme 1?
The goal of the project is to support manufacturing SMEs in the adoption of Industry 5.0 principles. Being a product or service adopter means that the SME will use the support provided by SURE5.0 to enhance the products or manufacturing procedures of the products they sell.
In case your company is interested in providing a technology or tool that helps others to evolve towards Industry 5.0, then you can participate as a Service Provider in SURE5.0 Catalogue of Complementary Service Providers as external entities complementing the services delivered by consortium members for the deployment of the SMEs Industry 5.0 Transition Plan in Phase 2. Costs incurred with contracting services listed in the Catalogue will be fully eligible in the budget of SMEs receiving FSTP.
SMEs cannot be a service adopter and a service provider at the same time. This means that the companies that apply to be in the SURE5.0 Catalogue of Complementary Service Providers cannot apply to the Open Call.
For more information about eligibility criteria, as well as the Catalogue, go to Open Call 1 Guide for Applicants.
4. Can I apply as a legal entity that isn’t established in the European Union?
Applicants eligible to receive funding through this Open Call are a legal entity established and based in the European Union or EU Associated Countries only, which means that SURE5.0 Acceleration Programme 1 also accepts applications from:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Faroe Islands
- North Macedonia
5. How are the tailored services divided per each phase of the Programme?
SURE5.0 Phase 1 tailored services are delivered in the following manner:
- Investment Readiness Assessment.
- Support on Social Innovation and Human Centricity (advanced training programme).
- Advanced training programme for the industry 5.0 transition (Mandatory training module on industry 5.0.).
SURE5.0 Phase 2 beneficiaries will be provided the following services:
- Investment Readiness Support – business consultancy services to support the implementation of the Industry 5.0 Transition Plan.
- Service provisioning for SMEs uptake of advanced technologies (individual technological assessments and/or and/or proof-of-concept testing).
- Advanced training programme for the industry 5.0 transition (customizable modules for the upskilling and reskilling of employees).
To read the full description of the offered support, go to Open Call 1 Guide for Applicants – Section 2.3 Support provided.
6. Can auxiliary industry companies apply to the Acceleration Programme 1?
All SMEs operating in the Mobility, Transport & Automotive (MTA), Aerospace & Defence, and Electronics manufacturing value chains can apply to the Open Call, both manufacturing and auxiliary industry companies. However, it is mandatory that these SMEs need to adopt technologies or services in their plants related to the Industry 5.0 transition.